Friday, February 20, 2009

The Alchemist

b) you can write on any quote or specific idea from the book that you find interesting. Explain why it has sparked your thinking or touched you.


In The Alchemist, there was a part in the story where the Alchemist was explaining to Santiago if he decides not to fulfill his personal legend, in the next years that come, things will begin to happen. First year he will be happy with what he has, second year he would think about his personal legend, and keep wondering, and eventually when he stops to listen to his personal legend, it'll stop calling for him and he would never know what the treasure was. The omens that call for him would be buried. In Santiago's shoes, he was in doubt of himself. To either leave what he has now, which was the one he love, sheep, money... or should he leave and pursuit his personal legend. I found this quite interesting, because in one's life, it happens often right? When I think about situations I've been through I recall a time where I had been in doubt, where I was stuck and had to make a decision. In television shows, etc. Sometimes people regret not choosing a certain path, and sometimes they don't. It was interesting because this is something that happens to almost everyone and they can relate to.

1 comment:

JULIET said...

Usually I am like this too. I really want to do something so much, but I do get the chance too. I always tell myself excuses or stupid reasons in order to stop myself from doing what I want to do the most. Like if I wanted to talk to someone.. I would be too scared to talk to them. Even if it's for years. I'd just show glances to them, but never speak at all. The same with you as before. It's really sad and lonely to just watch them and say nothing at all. Where in your days; you think about them daily at times because you wish to speak.