Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reading Life...etc...

My reading life? Hmm... well, I don't really have time reading my independent reading book. >__< I finished reading The Alchemist though~ *___*'. I didn't really pay that much attention while I was finishing it though...but I understand what happens~ I think I'll have to reread it and pay attention to the little details, and look for "hidden meaning" or anything important.

I guess I don't really have a choice but to talk about The Alchemist...since I haven't really have time to read my book of my choice -----

I pick option :

b. Mini theme analysis (discuss what you think one of your themes might be and why you find it interesting/important)

_______________________________________________________________________________


In The Alchemist I think one of the theme of this book is to tell us, the readers, that when we have a goal/dream/ or anything relating to achieve, we should do so. We should do what we want to achieve. To go through the obstacles, and to fight for what you want to accomplish. Just like anyone who has things to accomplish, or goals they want to reach. People would try, and keep trying to reach this certain goal or dream. The book tells us not to stay down when we fall, and keep getting up each time we fall, because after every defeat, you become stronger. For example, Santiago, he had to go through a lot of obstacles on his way for his Personal Legend.

I find this quite interesting/important because I think it's true, that people should follow their dreams or goals, even if they have to give up some important things, or ever if they know it'll take a long time. If your heart is longing or wanting something, you should go reach for it...

3 comments:

GuitarHeroYao said...

Wow Vicky you finished the book already? lol You must have a lot of time on your hands. Are you actually gonna re-read it? I wouldn't. Haha

karmen (: said...

haha, i agree with andy . :D

animalcrackersareyummy said...

ughh i can't find time to read my independent reading book either! haha i think a lot of themes of a lot of books is to go though obstacles to achieve our goals. ;P